Oregon Relocation Specialists
At LOHR Real Estate, we aren't here simply to sell you a home. We're facilitators of your entire experience, from initial research and decision-making to closing and beyond.
Making a big move means uprooting your life and taking a huge leap of faith. It’s a challenging process, and it can be hard to get the information that you need to make the right decisions for yourself and your loved ones.
That’s where we come in. We want to be a resource for you, even if you’re just beginning to consider relocation. All of us love Oregon and are passionate about our local communities, but we’re not here to sell you on Bend, Eugene, or anywhere. Our goal is to answer your questions, offer a helping hand, and facilitate your process at every step of the way.
Any Realtor can help you find a home (though some are better at it than others.) But when you’re moving from far away, there are many blanks to fill in and extensive preparation to complete. The last thing you want is to be pressured into making a decision before you’re ready.
Well, that’s not what we’re going to do. Our team is much more likely to talk you out of buying the first property that catches your eye unless we feel confident you have all the context and data points that you need to make a decision. Sometimes we even encourage our clients to rent for a year in Bend or Eugene before jumping into the real estate market. It’s all based on you and your needs.
When you are ready to buy a home, we offer both in-person and remote tours aimed at really honing in on what you want and need in a home and what locations best serve those needs. Our extensive market research and firsthand experience also give you a much-needed advantage at the negotiating table. At the same time, we won’t pressure you to offer concessions to sellers that might put you at risk. In hyper-competitive markets like ours, it’s a delicate dance, but it’s one we’re pretty good at.
Sight-unseen offers have become an inescapable reality in the post-pandemic landscape. While it’s always ideal to tour a home in person before you sign on the dotted line, our process is aimed at getting to know you as much as possible so both we and you can feel confident in pulling the trigger remotely. We also make sure to give you the chance to do an in-person tour prior to the end of your inspection contingency.
Purchasing a home can be a stressful process even in the best of circumstances, but when you’re relocating, the stakes are much higher. All of the pieces need to line up just right, especially if you’re selling your existing home.
It won’t all be a walk in the park, but our whole process is oriented toward relieving you of as much of that stress as possible. We make things easier on you by being proactive about all the issues that can potentially arise in a transaction. We’ve seen it all and then some, and we know how to work with other agents, escrow officers, lenders, inspectors, and contractors to nip problems in the bud.
The other way we serve you is by simply being available, even after you’ve completed your purchase. We’ll interface with contractors to put the finishing touches on your new home, connect you with local professionals and community members, or just meet for a cup of coffee to catch up!
How We Help You Make the Move
- We’ve designed our website to be a great resource, because we know how important it is to get detailed, trustworthy information when you’re considering relocating from afar. Check out our blog on relocating to Oregon.
- When you’re ready to dig in deeper, we’re here to answer your detailed questions about our local communities, real estate markets, and the homebuying process.
- Starting to consider relocation more seriously? We provide both remote and in-person consultations to discuss the bigger picture and all your detailed concerns. We’re a resource for you, and that’s our focus no matter what stage of the process you’re at.
- Most Realtors can set you up with property updates, but go out of our way to provide you with context and data points tailored to your needs. Things may look one way online but be different in reality, so you need eyes on the ground to understand what you’re looking at.
- We provide live tours of properties via Zoom to help you fill in more of the blanks, even if you aren’t yet ready to purchase.
- When it comes time to visit in person, we offer extensive neighborhood tours to really help you get the lay of the land. We’ll also get you into homes, but in the spirit of exploration and getting to know your needs rather than pressuring you to make a purchase.
- Once you’re ready to start seriously looking at homes, we provide the market expertise and negotiation skills you need to make a successful offer in our very competitive markets.
- We can connect you with short-term rental housing if you want to spend some time here getting to know the area and looking at homes (highly recommended!)
- We aren’t comfortable with you making an offer unless you’re comfortable. We help you find the balance between putting too much on the table and too little, making sure you know all the ins and outs and potential pitfalls.
- We walk you through the entire process of buying a home, drawing on our extensive experience to help diffuse potential issues. If you’re selling your current home, we work with your listing agent to make sure everything lines up.
- We connect you with trustworthy and skilled local professionals, including lenders, escrow agents, contractors, inspectors and more, both leading up to closing and beyond.
- We’re here to help you settle into your new community, providing the guidance and connections that you need to thrive.